Applicants are expected to have at least a 3.5 GPA on all graduate work. In addition, applicants should have a composite score of at least 300 (1,000 on old GRE scale) on the verbal and quantitative sections of the GRE with a minimum of 50th percentile on the verbal test.
- November 15 (Early consideration)
- January 15 (Final deadline)
Other application materials include:
- A completed VCU Graduate School Application form. Click here to begin the application process.
- Three letters of Recommendation.
- Two official and up-to-date copies of all transcripts of the applicant's undergraduate and graduate record indicating that the applicant has earned a master's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Official and current scores (within the past five years) for the General Test of the GRE.
Advanced test scores are not required but may be submitted. If applicants have taken the GRE more than five years prior to the year of expected admission, they must retake the examination. The Admissions Committee will consider the time elapsed since last formal schooling, occupational success and leadership ability.
- A personal statement.
- A writing sample.
- An up-to-date resume.