Distance learning program
The CSL distance learning program awards the same M.S.L. degree as the on-campus program, but it is built specifically for students who continue working full time while taking classes online.
- Online course are held in real time using the Blackboard Learning Management System and ZOOM Video Conferencing platforms.
- Students may begin coursework during the fall, spring or summer semeseter.
- We offer four to five online courses per semester.
- We offer at least one on-campus night course per semester for working part-time students.
Distance learning students must attend one on-campus course before completing their degree.
- Most distance learners choose to take the summer seminar course, a time-intensive class that meets for one week Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The CSL offers at least one seminar course each summer.
- Students also may enroll in the European Model of Sport course to fulfill their on-campus requirement. Offered once a year, the course gives students an opportunity to travel to Europe for approximately 12 days, where they will learn more about the business of sports from a global perspective.
- Distance learning students may also take up to three credits of an externship and up to three credits of an independent study. For more information, please contact Carrie LeCrom, Ph.D., at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 828-6443.
To see the graduation requirements, core courses, electives and full curriculum of the M.S.L. program, visit the VCU Bulletin page.