CSL/Real Madrid Graduate School Collaborative
Future sports leaders will have the opportunity to be enrolled in the CSL’s internationally ranked Master’s in Sport Leadership program and take courses in Real Madrid Graduate School’s Master’s in Sport Technologies and Digital Transformation in Madrid. Students will also participate in a five week residency, working with Real Madrid Next, the brand innovation department of Real Madrid C.F.
We are now accepting applications for the 2023-2024 program which includes the five week residency in Madrid in Spring 2024.
Read more about the Real Madrid Experience from our student blog.
Full-time M.S.L. students:
- Begin their coursework in the fall semester
- Attend courses on campus
- Devote their full time and attention to the program
- Take five classes per semester
- Participate in all activities and requirements of the program
Full-time students complete the following schedule over 12 months:
- Fall semester — 15 credits (five courses on campus in Richmond)
- Spring semester — 15 credits (five courses on campus in Richmond)
- Summer Semester - 6 credits plus five week internship in Madrid
To see the graduation requirements, core courses, electives and full curriculum of the M.S.L. program, visit the VCU Bulletin.
As in, why do we offer a Master of Sport Leadership, instead of a Master of Sport Management, the comparable degree you’ll see at most other schools? At CSL we think our students should focus on more than simply managing changes in the industry; they should be industry leaders. Leadership is more than a buzzword at CSL. It's why our students engage with the local community, earn valuable job experience as part of our curriculum and set the agenda for the future of our industry.